Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tear down about to start

Tear down about to start

So ladies and gentlemen
    I have been real lazy and life also got in the way so I had a little Manjano problem which has now become a MAJOR manjano problem...LOL

So first of all I want to thank the many reefers that have offered help with equipment, Rickerman, Mitchell, Cliff, etc.

I am borrowing a 90 gallon tank from Cliff this weekend so I can start transferring corals, fish, etc into a holding tank whilst I remove the rock for bleaching.

I will provide pictures and updates along the way....

Exciting times!! Canít wait to see how the Change in the tank Iím sure it will look awesome
    30 gallon zero edge overflow tank. 50 gallon sump; euro reef RS80 skimmer Jager heaters; Apex controller; two Mak4 return pumps. Physoban and carbon reactors. Maxspec led light for fuge. 2 ai sol fixtures on display.

Sad day yesterday went and reviewed what was needed to start this teardown and noticed that my Blonde Nasi tang
    Was no were in sight....
    No body searched the area around the tank no signs of jumping she was almost 7" long and had amazing colours and nice streamers.
    So I am now toying with the idea of removing all my large tangs and starting with smaller ones.

Let me know if you need anything Tony
    -325g Total system,260g DT 65g sump
    4 X Aqua illuminations Hydra 26 HD and T5 80w retro
    SRO 5000ssss
    2x RW20 jebao powerheads
    -Reeflo Dart/Snapper hybrid return
    -Mixed reef

some pictures of my pests

a couple pictures of my pests and just how many
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails more manjanos1.jpg   Manjano rock2.jpg   tanks shot1 .jpg  

Any updates Tony?
    30 gallon zero edge overflow tank. 50 gallon sump; euro reef RS80 skimmer Jager heaters; Apex controller; two Mak4 return pumps. Physoban and carbon reactors. Maxspec led light for fuge. 2 ai sol fixtures on display.

Set up the holding tank only 3/4 full though and acquired so live rock to help with the bio load whilst bleaching mine, checked the Nitrates and they are high so waiting for the nitrates to drop before I add live stock
    reason tank is only 3/4 full is i needed to get a union for the return pump.
    i picked one up at the restore store for $3.00 mid week, and will be linking the sump and tank this weekend. provided work and other family duties do not get in the way.....LOL

Here are a couple pictures getting the holding tank ready.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171119_161302_resized (002).jpg   20171119_161320_resized (002).jpg  
    Last edited by Limey; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:05 PM.

Hey Tony, can I have that nice fuzzy rock if you're not needing it in your re-build . just kidding. wow, that's a crazy amount of mojanos!

Black Friday special - 10 free Manjano's with everyone purchased $0.10 each, better hurry only have a few thousand.............LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    Black Friday special - 10 free Manjano's with everyone purchased $0.10 each, better hurry only have a few thousand.............LMAO

LOL. Crazy I thought I was going to have to do the same thing. I added a pair of file fish to my tank and they took out the majanoes. It did take a few months to recognize they were food but they came around. If I could catch them I would lend them out.

Good luck
    550g reef system + 7' Frag table
    - Vertex Alpha Kone 300
    - x7 mp40ES
    - Controlled via Profilux ...x2
    - All ATI Fixtures (10x80w, 8x80w, 8x36w, 10x54w)
    .....A bunch of other stuff

BIGSHOW FRAGS

Thread Information