Very nice, if the island is not
    Filling your eyes, you always can remove later
    IF YOU LOVE THE REEF.. SAVE IT!
    E-MAIL ME. WEB PAGE
    1999-33g Fresh ,2006 planted,
    2001-2014 90g Reef
    2004-30g Saltwater ,
    2014 March 16, 125G
    ,Mak4 for return,DIY sump,DIY Beckett Skimmer(AF37) driven by a Mak4,DIY Calcium reactor(PM),
    MJ MODS 1x400, wp25, RW15,Apex Pro, ATS with leds
    Lighting: 96 X 3W LED's

I painted my back glass and used JB Water weld epoxy to secure my rockwork. I ordered refillable DI canisters off eBay on May 30.. that's all I am waiting for to get this tank wet! That's what I get for buying them cheap direct from China..

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by brockboi View Post
    Looks great!
    Thanks! I like the way it turned out. I just have to add to my island on the left and I'll be set!

I've got everything set up now... I can't seem to post photos on here bc it says they are too large, even when posting the link from a third party site.

Well.. I got the plumbing done, ran the return on low for a bit, got my skimmer er running, siporax reactor online.. then.. noticed a small drip at the end cap of the manifold.. and a small drip where the flex pvc is glued into the tee for the manifold.. for *#% sakes..

So I sawed off the cap and will clean and reglue a plug into the end. I really don't want to cut out the tee but looks like the safest bet.. or I can go against the advice of plumbers and hope pvc cement at the seam will penetrate enough to fill the leak... the leak is at the top of the tee and gravity would hopefully help..

I "fixed" the manifold and put a new plug on. Sanded the hell out of it, primed both plug and hole generously, slopped on grey pvc cement.. now it leaks in other spots it wasn't leaking before.

I shut off the manifold with the handy ball valve so I can just run the return pump. This line seems to be just fine now. I turned up the power and dialed in my bean animal overflow to where it needs to be to create the siphon and trickle. Then the siphon line started leaking.. so eff this, I'm taking a nap

It's a wonderful hobby isn't it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick James View Post
    I "fixed" the manifold and put a new plug on. Sanded the hell out of it, primed both plug and hole generously, slopped on grey pvc cement.. now it leaks in other spots it wasn't leaking before.

I shut off the manifold with the handy ball valve so I can just run the return pump. This line seems to be just fine now. I turned up the power and dialed in my bean animal overflow to where it needs to be to create the siphon and trickle. Then the siphon line started leaking.. so eff this, I'm taking a nap

can't wait to see it complete Nick.......hopefully when pictures can be posted again

Knock on wood... I repaired my leaky plumbing and the tank has been running for 15 hours leak free. It looks ugly but I used primer on each joint, made a "collar" out of flexible pvc and cemented the hell out of each joint so the joint is now covered with a pvc bandaid, hopefully fused to each side of the joint. Not recommended by anyone, but I read of someone else doing this successfully so I tried it. This is just for the manifold as it would cost $150 to build a new one..

I stopped and restarted everything to make sure the sump holds the overflow and everything seems good to go..

Thread Information