Thread: Niagara fragfest & equipment swap

Niagara fragfest & equipment swap

As owner and administrator of Reefescape we (Mitchell and Limey) are investigating the viability of a Fragshow in the Niagara area, but we are fully aware of the work and time required to put a show together. We are not out to compete with another show nor will we offer a date close to a current show as we feel this will impact us both.
    I am involved with numerous volunteer organisations and organise many events throughout the year, so I more than most recognise the fact that putting on too many shows, events too close together will be detrimental to us all.

Mitch and I stumbled upon a post on thefragtank.ca as we were investigating possible dates that would not conflict with current shows.

We read a post that was detrimental to our site as it was viewed that we were trying to impact their event, a person had contacted the show organiser claiming to be representing Reefescape.

We are not sure who contacted them from our forum but would like to know whom so we can address this matter with them,
    we do not want any bad feeling or animosity between forums this is not what we are about.

The idea of a meet in Niagara has been bounced around for several years and many members are for it but very few are willing to step up and do the work. The members that are seriously considering organising this event want to work together with the reef community, not against it.
    People have limited funds, vendors have limited weekends to support these shows and we know too many to close together will not work.

Originally we were offered a location that had weekends free in March but after reviewing the dates of current shows Mitch and I have decided to look at the end of the year as the London show has moved to April.

You can help us, if you are aware of any planned Frag shows this would be helpful as the Brantford show has changed it dates the past two years and we are trying to confirm the dates of any planned Toronto shows so we can ensure there are no conflicts.

I wish to reiterate we are here to work together with everyone, as we know this hobby is a tight knit community and there is room for us all to have events throughout the year and see that all are well supported by both vendors and enthusiasts, which will only help this hobby grow.

Like I said on the frag tank I'm sure we can support more than two shows in southern Ontario. I wouldn't mind a show every weekend lol. I would love to help out; if you need a hand let me know.
    30 gallon zero edge overflow tank. 50 gallon sump; euro reef RS80 skimmer Jager heaters; Apex controller; two Mak4 return pumps. Physoban and carbon reactors. Maxspec led light for fuge. 2 ai sol fixtures on display.

Thanks Cliff
    I just wish to be fair to everyone especially the organizers as I too do not like it when I organize a soccer tournament open to all Ontario to find out someone else decided on the same weekend. What happens is you split your potential entrants and usually turns out an age group will not fly as You divide the number of teams and the age group gets cancelled at both tournaments.
    Most people in the hobby are only able to commit to one fragshow every couple months as they do not have a money tree like you and I....lol
    Also too many to often and too close together we will be limiting attendees at both and we possibly could both fail as vendors are only going to support the popular shows (they need to make a living too).
    Last edited by Limey; 09-01-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Good to hear Tony.....As mentioned before, I can help organize and the day of the show as well.

Southern ontario could handle a show a month. Don't worry about impacting other shows unless you're right on the weekend before or after. I'd love the opportunity to set up every month somewhere!

Cheers!

I know of a very cheep site in Hamilton if that would be of interest..... Depending on size and such...

Thread Information