Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing Week Sales

Boxing Week Sales

I hope his is not against the rules. I thought perhaps we could start a thread to keep track of all the Boxing Week sales in one location for ease of discovery.

Big Als Boxing Week Clearance: http://www.bigalscanada.com/boxingweek/index.html

Most notable to me is the Reef Crystals 160 g pail for 39.99 as a door crasher.. Seems like everything is reduced by 20-75%.

Reefsupplies.ca has a 3 day Boxing Day special: http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/home.php
    The gyre and icecap units will be discounted and door crashes have not been announced. If I don't get rock for Christmas I will be buying some dry rock on Boxing Day from them..

not to be a ba-himbug, but keep in mind big als salt is a good price , but fine print shows after $10.00 mail in rebate, still a decent price, but have to wait 8-10 weeks for the refund

Quote Originally Posted by dzntxst View Post
    not to be a ba-himbug, but keep in mind big als salt is a good price , but fine print shows after $10.00 mail in rebate, still a decent price, but have to wait 8-10 weeks for the refund
    ...and you are limited to one per house.

On some of the other forums, people have been taking the BigAls sale flyer to Petsmart and they are price matching the bigals offer right now. Now waiting, no standing in line, and best if all NO stupid rebates.
    550g reef system + 7' Frag table
    - Vertex Alpha Kone 300
    - x7 mp40ES
    - Controlled via Profilux ...x2
    - All ATI Fixtures (10x80w, 8x80w, 8x36w, 10x54w)
    .....A bunch of other stuff

BIGSHOW FRAGS

Can't agree more on the Reef Crystal salt sale! It's a manufactures rebate and you need to be disciplined to mail it off, (which I wasn't last year and then forgot about it over the Christmas rush). This is something they (Big Al's) just started last year. Really didn't need to purchase this salt because IO shipped me three boxes as compensation for some off grade salt that I happened to get.......long story. But never the less purchased two (2nd to another address) basically at full value.

So I went to big Als today and got 3 buckets ( 3 is all I could get cause that's all the addresses I have for the rebate) I needed more salt so I went to the petsmart on mud st. They price matched on three more buckets so I think I have all the salt I need for the year. There was one more bucket left at petsmart at least; if anyone else wants some
    30 gallon zero edge overflow tank. 50 gallon sump; euro reef RS80 skimmer Jager heaters; Apex controller; two Mak4 return pumps. Physoban and carbon reactors. Maxspec led light for fuge. 2 ai sol fixtures on display.

So after talking with Cliff the other night I decided to try and get some salt, I have been using H2Oceans for the last little while but at $89.00 a bucket plus tax (cheapest I could find)
    So as I got myself a new Jebao Doser in the Black Friday sales I decided that reef crystals can do the job as I have all the extra additives I need.
    Buckets were best deal at big Als but you have to mail in the rebate which I never seem to remember to do or you can price match at PetSmart but they are pretty much cleaned out as they only carry one or two buckets at a time.
    So I visited Dan at MOPS today and picked up three BOXES of reef crystals for $64 a box no rebates to worry about and $5 cheaper than big Als box price it pays to support our sponsors as they are always willing to work with our members.
    Thanks Dan
    Last edited by Limey; 28-12-2015 at 05:29 PM.

I knwo there are lots of opinions about salts out there, but I used to use RC and switched to H2O because it mixes to more natural levels. If you are trying to keep your alkalinity at 8 and do frequent water changes, then it becomes really challenging with RC since it mixes to between 11 and 14. I found that I was always playing wth my doser and could never get the levels to stabilize.

Man I was waiting for mops to post salt sales I for sure would have went with that
    30 gallon zero edge overflow tank. 50 gallon sump; euro reef RS80 skimmer Jager heaters; Apex controller; two Mak4 return pumps. Physoban and carbon reactors. Maxspec led light for fuge. 2 ai sol fixtures on display.

Cliff, Yes it was a phone call to Dan, he did not advertise it,

Andrew I usually premix my salt and let run in the barrel for at least a week (pure Laziness lol) so from now on I will be monitoring it a little closer.

Thread Information