Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliff's in wall reef

Cliff's in wall reef

So I finally gotten around to starting my renovation on my garage. The garage is approximately 30 feet long by 20 feet wide. My wife is graciously giving me 7 feet of the end of the garage for fish room. But in order to get the fish room it has been a very long process lol. When I find clean the garage out we discovered that the floor was unusable. It had a couple of cracks and there was a good one inch height difference in parts of the garage. So we had to rip out the concrete floor and poor new pad. This was good because we were able to put in in floor hydronic heating.

Here r some demo pics

In floor heat.

New floor

30 gallon zero edge overflow tank. 50 gallon sump; euro reef RS80 skimmer Jager heaters; Apex controller; two Mak4 return pumps. Physoban and carbon reactors. Maxspec led light for fuge. 2 ai sol fixtures on display.

Now that I got all the flooring down the fun starts. I had to frame the walls thicker. They were originally 2 x 4 walls so I scabbed two by threes on them to get full insulation

Next step was to remove the garage door and frame in a large front window

Now onto the fish stuff LOL. 7 feet out I built the wall that will hold the fish tank in it
    30 gallon zero edge overflow tank. 50 gallon sump; euro reef RS80 skimmer Jager heaters; Apex controller; two Mak4 return pumps. Physoban and carbon reactors. Maxspec led light for fuge. 2 ai sol fixtures on display.

Pretty wild man, keep the pictures coming.
    54g Corner DT with 20g sump
    T-120 Octopus Skimmer
    Mag 7 Pump
    60lbs of LR
    Koralia 3 Power Head x 2
    Evergrow IT2060 Controllable Full Spectrum LED (24" Light)

2 Percula Clowns, 2 Bangai Cardinals, Mandarin Dragonet and Flame Angel

Hermit Crabs and a Cleaner Shrimp.

Duncans, Mushrooms, Red Bubble Tip Anemone, Brain Coral, Red Blasto, Favia, and Chalice Corals.

Great job Cliff, glad to see you finally got the OK on your fish room

Keep us updated

Ok so I ran short of electrical supply's so I figured I would make the stand tonight. This stand will become part of the wall so the tank will sit right at the front flush with the wall. So here it is

So I am done with electrical in the fish room. I have one outlet over top of what will be my bench

Then that same circuit runs to one plug over top of my sump.

The other plug shown there in that picture is on a separate circuit and after will go up on top of the tank to two plugs that will run my lights and accessories

I also remembered to run my network cable for my Apex. I almost forgot that one LOL

Here is a picture of behind the wall this will be the fish room

Here is the new stand and the flip up access panel I am making for the front of the tank.

I did make this stand quite a bit taller. I think at this height it'll be far easier to view the tank so far I am happy with it being taller

Cliff, I love the rock wall you did! It looks great! How tall is the stand this time? Looks like it should be a pretty good viewing height. Will it be a seating area in front of the tank, or open space? Either way it is looking great!

Zach
    "All the king’s horses and all the king’s men will never gather up all the plastic and put the ocean back together again."
    — Charles Moore, Marine Researcher

Seems to be progressing quite nicely. Great Job Cliff!

looking good Cliff
    what size sump are you planning on using?

Thread Information