Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BRANTFORD FRAG SHOW - October 10th

So how do we get more members? Advertise on kijiii?
    30 gallon zero edge overflow tank. 50 gallon sump; euro reef RS80 skimmer Jager heaters; Apex controller; two Mak4 return pumps. Physoban and carbon reactors. Maxspec led light for fuge. 2 ai sol fixtures on display.

Advertise anywhere you can that's a) free and b) free!!
    Kijiji ads are a start..... Create a Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram account for the forum.... all these social sites generate attention. Also look to current members who can contribute time/effort to monitor the social media sites, ask others to help create and produce business cards or posters etc that can be displayed in the local stores that are current sponsors and try to target new stores that could become sponsors. Ask sponsors to post direct link to the forum on their web sites... essentially having them advertise on their site for us (for free) and also shows that they are a proud sponsor and supporter of our local forum If they're donating as a sponsor to support the site why wouldn't they want to show their support by offering up a small image/link to the forum? Besides, they all use the forum to advertise their products as well.
    The more talk about the site in any of the above forms will generate more traffic to the site, generate more members, more activity and in turn more sponsors.

pmd Limey..have a look please

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticbliss View Post
    Advertise anywhere you can that's a) free and b) free!!
    Kijiji ads are a start..... Create a Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram account for the forum.... all these social sites generate attention. Also look to current members who can contribute time/effort to monitor the social media sites, ask others to help create and produce business cards or posters etc that can be displayed in the local stores that are current sponsors and try to target new stores that could become sponsors. Ask sponsors to post direct link to the forum on their web sites... essentially having them advertise on their site for us (for free) and also shows that they are a proud sponsor and supporter of our local forum If they're donating as a sponsor to support the site why wouldn't they want to show their support by offering up a small image/link to the forum? Besides, they all use the forum to advertise their products as well.
    The more talk about the site in any of the above forms will generate more traffic to the site, generate more members, more activity and in turn more sponsors.
    All excellent points......I by no means have or pretend to have any marketing skills what so ever. I'm a complete technical guy. The Niagara Saltwater Group on Facebook started started on Kijiji as I recall seeing the advertisements. Also our sponsors get a lot of traffic; would it be worthwhile having a poster in each shop. I've seen the Reefscape poster, It's awesome! I know they have Tony's business card, but who reads card unless you hand them one.

Even promoting ourselves at different social events such as other peoples frag shows, or even our own as we planned to do a year or more ago. I'm sure there are many here who would volunteer their time. Just some food for thought.

I am currently working on securing a location in Niagara right off the QEW for a Frag show, Equipment Swap meet,
    Sometime in March, want to change it up a bit and add another element
    I will keep everyone posted, the monies will go to the ride to conquer cancer as a few of us members have participated in this ride the past few years.

Stay tuned..................

This probably isn't the best thread for this post but another thing I noticed is that this software doesn't seem to be mobile friendly...not sure what impact that has but most of our store traffic is using mobile devices these days so that probably doesn't help in attracting new members or encouraging participation on here. I don't mean to be critical but I do think that making the site mobile friendly might be worth considering. How does everyone else feel?
    Dan Cole
    Mail Order Pet Supplies
    Join our Email List for special promotions and other hobby related information.

Agreed 110% and we are very well aware that this is a major issue

Once I track down Pawel we will work on resolving this

thanks Dan

Thread Information