Thread: clam under the leds

clam under the leds

Hi everybody I'm wondering if anybody has clam under the leds, and how are they reacting , I haven't bought any clam in 8 years...I would like to give a try again
    Any feedback?
    THanks
    IF YOU LOVE THE REEF.. SAVE IT!
    E-MAIL ME. WEB PAGE
    1999-33g Fresh ,2006 planted,
    2001-2014 90g Reef
    2004-30g Saltwater ,
    2014 March 16, 125G
    ,Mak4 for return,DIY sump,DIY Beckett Skimmer(AF37) driven by a Mak4,DIY Calcium reactor(PM),
    MJ MODS 1x400, wp25, RW15,Apex Pro, ATS with leds
    Lighting: 96 X 3W LED's

Hi

I have two Croceas under A.I Sol blue lights. Both are on the bottom of a 28" deep tanks. Both clams have good colour,the mantles are fully extended and they are growing. The largest one has doubled in size in about three years.

My clams were doing great under my LEDs in fact I had my large squamosa for a year when my tank was disgusting. I finally have my water perfect and for some reason I lost all three clams this week idk what happened. But I do know it was not my lights lol
    30 gallon zero edge overflow tank. 50 gallon sump; euro reef RS80 skimmer Jager heaters; Apex controller; two Mak4 return pumps. Physoban and carbon reactors. Maxspec led light for fuge. 2 ai sol fixtures on display.

I reasonly bought a clam from Coral Reef...and it's doing great under LED lights...it's been 2 months now and is fully open and very happy...foot has already attached itself to the glass...can't move it at all....it's a happy camper...

sorry for your lost Cliff

Thanks for the imput guus!

I see the future...a clam coming ... lol

Sorry for your loss Cliff was any of the fish bothering the clams? What about water params?
    E-MAIL ME. WEB PAGE
    2001-2014 90g Reef
    2004-30g Saltwater ,
    2014 March 16, 125G
    ,Mak4 for return,DIY sump,DIY Beckett Skimmer(AF37) driven by a Mak4,DIY Calcium reactor(PM),

It must have been a predator one clam died right after the other; it was like something was killing them then moving onto the next one. My water is perfect now. for the last year my large clam had been living in mud compared to what it is now. If anything I think my water may be nutrient deficient. I still don't know what killed my clams it sucks because clams are my favorite thing. I had an awesome orange clam from Dave that was beautiful
    30 gallon zero edge overflow tank. 50 gallon sump; euro reef RS80 skimmer Jager heaters; Apex controller; two Mak4 return pumps. Physoban and carbon reactors. Maxspec led light for fuge. 2 ai sol fixtures on display.

Have two tanks with clams under LED. One has been under the AI SOL in a 30 gallon for 3 years. The second is under an Onyx LED, 32" deep tank, clam has been under it for 2 years and grown significantly.

Video of the clam in the 30 gallon Solona tank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtY09WPwPA4

Wow Cliff! Did you find out who was it?
    Thanks for the imput Greg,
    E-MAIL ME. WEB PAGE
    2001-2014 90g Reef
    2004-30g Saltwater ,
    2014 March 16, 125G

Thread Information